Apple has announced that it is phasing out support for 32 bit apps in OS X. All of my Mac apps are 32 bit and I don't currently have plans to update these, so enjoy them while they still work for the next few years.
All of the character generation apps allow you to save a completed character to a file. If nothing else, this lets you re-open the file and print out a new TAS form.
But what if you need to modify the completed character? Examples:
The latest version of the advanced character generator for Scouts characters is now available for download here.
• Changed "Auto Pistol" skill and benefit to "Automatic Pistol" for consistency with other character generator programs.
• Renamed the File>Print… menu item to File>Print TAS Form 2… for clarity.
• Character data can now be saved to a file.
• A saved character file can be re-opened for examination and printing.
The latest version of the advanced character generator for Scouts player characters is available for download here.
• Corrected a problem where checks for a skill level used in DMs always returned a skill level of 0.
• The optional skill level limit of INT+EDU first introduced in Merchant Prince has been implemented by reporting to the Log in case the user wishes to use this rule and muster out the character.
While working on Merchant Prince, I noticed that the "Handgun" skill is defined differently than in High Guard. This "composite" skill gives skills in different weapons in these character generation systems.
So I've decided instead of awarding a vague "composite" skill like Handgun, or Laser Weapons, or Zero-G Weapons, that I should just award skills separately for each weapon as defined in each character generation system. The advantage to this is that if I ever code an application that imports characters created in different systems, there won't be any confusion about their gun skills. Scouts doesn't have this problem, as the "Gun Combat" cascade skill there requires the selection of one specific weapon.
Look for version 1.0 of Merchant Prince within a week or so, followed by new versions of High Guard, Mercenary, and Scouts with this enhancement and other bug fixes.
The advanced character generator for Scouts player characters is available for download here.
I've started development of Scouts, the advanced character generator for members of the Imperial Scout Service. Estimated development time is 2-3 months.
After High Guard is released, development will continue on the following products.
News and Announcement